Play Central came about from an unlikely pairing of two fathers who despaired over the lack of children's play centres in the local area. Being kids at heart they created a vision for the ultimate indoor play centre that provided both active play and imagination-based play activities for fun and development in a safe, bright and friendly environment for children and adults alike. Play Central is the realisation of that vision!
The location was chosen carefully to ensure the integration of Play Central as a vibrant part of the community amid the local shopping and residential precinct of Port Melbourne.
we've created a haven just for you!
Play Central has been designed to provide a great experience for everyone - adults, teens and children - to enable parents and carers to confidently visit Play Central with children across a wide range of ages where everyone wants to be the last to leave! Many of our features are unique to play centres in Australia - we aim to please. Here are some of the fun and educational delights in store:
- Active Play
- State of the art play equipment including an oversize main play structure (sized for adults)
- Dodgem cars
- Volcano mountain and tunnel slide
- Play equipment and oversized soft construction for younger children
- Themed party rooms to cater for parties ranging from 6 to 20+ guests
- Themed enrichment rooms for younger children and toddlers
- Café with a healthy gourmet menu, St Ali coffee, wide-screen TV and free Wi Fi
- Relaxation area for adults in cafe and enrichment areas
- Large group and private functions available on request.
While fun is the aim of the game, we have ensured that every amenity to accommodate adults and children is provided including:
- Secure entry/exit
- Parents/carers room, designed for parents/carers with babies and toddlers, complete with nappy change facilities, feeding chairs and a microwave
- Separate toilet amenities for guests with disabilities
- Socks available for purchase
- Pram parking
- Bike parking
- Onsite car parking
- Short walk to the light rail.